What a weekend - to see everyone’s Indigenous Liveries on the track was unreal, I might be biased but the design I had on the #25 by the KARI Foundation was pretty special.
Our first race ended up being a write off since we finished P4 but were disqualified - not much to recap, team tried to put in appeal for the penalty but it was denied.
Sunday’s morning race was pretty follow the leader - I was able to push forward and get up to P8 but that was pretty much all I could do.
Onto the good stuff.
Starting our final race in Darwin from P6 we didn’t really expect we’d be on the podium, let alone on the top step!
We stopped early and only 2 two tyres - I had mirrors full of guys with fresher tyres in the last 8 laps but wasn’t going to give in easily.
I was barely hanging onto the old tyres on the last lap trying to hold off Anton, I don’t know how I did it but was able to keep the lead and get my hands on a Didgeridoo!
Thanks again everyone for their support, especially the sponsors who were so good in changing up the logos for our livery for Indigenous round.
Off to Townsville in a couple of weeks, I love any event we have in Queensland so I’m keen for it and we’ll have our eyes on some more silverware.
SUPERCARS CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS
1. Shane van Gisbergen, Red Bull Ampol Racing – 1581 points
2. Anton De Pasquale, Shell V-Power Racing – 1367 points
3. Cameron Waters, Monster Energy Racing – 1293 points
4. Will Davison, Shell V-Power Racing – 1287 points
5. David Reynolds, Penrite Racing – 1111 points
6. Chaz Mostert, Mobil 1 Optus Racing – 1107 points