It was good to be back in the fresh country Victorian air this weekend, even managed to get a couple of holes in with Nick before heading to the track ⛳
Overall Winton treated us a whole lot better than Perth did, was able to get some set-ups running in Practice and Qualify 3rd on Saturday morning.
Had some fun in the race but I was just that little bit too far off the pace of Cam & SVG - was hoping to get a podium spot but Dave came past on fresh tyres so I had to settle for 4th.
Sunday I qualified 4th & 10th, that’s about where we are at the moment - we’re just lacking a little pace.
In the first race, I had my elbows out and head down but the best I could do was hang onto 5th at the chequered flag.
At the end of the day in our final race, I just got held up in traffic and 11th was the best I could do.
Pretty adventurous weekend really, was a big turnaround from Perth that’s for sure, but it’s no secret we need to find a little bit more to be up the front constantly.
It was great to be back at Winton, don’t think I’ve ever seen so many fans here, looking forward to Darwin now 🤙🏽
Speak to you after our weekend in the NT!
SUPERCARS CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS
1. Shane van Gisbergen, Red Bull Ampol Racing – 1376 points
2. Anton De Pasquale, Shell V-Power Racing – 1095 points
3. Cameron Waters, Monster Energy Racing – 1043 points
4. Will Davison, Shell V-Power Racing – 1018 points
5. David Reynolds, Penrite Racing – 966 points
6. Chaz Mostert, Mobil 1 Optus Racing – 947 points